Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recipe: Berry Tapioca

I'm trying something new; I just discovered that facebook imports blogs. Yeah! So I'm writing this and hoping it'll show up on facebook.

Berry Tapioca

2 cups water (split)
16 oz of berries or other fruit (I just used a bag of mixed frozen berries)
1/4 cup tapioca pearls
1/2 cup sugar (I just tried a mix of maple syrup and sugar: 1/4 cup syrup, 1/8 cup sugar)
1 tbsp vanilla

Soak 1/4 cup tapioca pearls in 1/4 cup water for about 10 minutes
Boil the remaining water (1 and 3/4 cups) in a medium-sized pot
Add berries to boiling water and bring to a boil again
Add soaked tapioca pearls
Add sugar and vanilla

Allow to simmer, stirring somewhat frequently, until tapioca pearls are clear. Add more sugar if you don't think it's sweet enough.
It's good hot or cold, on brownies or ice cream, all by itself, or with granola.

No comments: